The Jamboree of ALL Jamborees!

Alessio Martinez, Student Writer

On January 15, 2022, our very own beloved Ram Regiment Band hosted the first Annual Florida Bands Jamboree at Palm Beach Lakes Community High School.  As always, the Rams SHOWED UP AND SHOWED OUT!!!  Their masterful skill at entertaining is undisputed. In addition, twelve other participating bands performed and did an outstanding job: Faith’s Place Center for the Arts, SOS Community Band, Pahokee Middle/Senior High, Roosevelt Middle, JFK Middle, Bear Lakes Middle, Jeaga Middle, Ft. Lauderdale High, Deerfield Beach High, Dillard High, and Boynton Beach High.

A highlight of the day was a special performance by the Florida Memorial University Marching Band, “The Roar.” The members were incredible and gave all onlookers something to rave about on the way home. Speaking of “something to rave about,” what’s a band jamboree without the “Marching 100” from FAMU? They put the JAM in the word JAMboree!!! That is exactly what they did! Their performance was the cherry on top of an already great event.  In addition to the notable and distinguished visitors in the audience, the jamboree was hosted by Curtis Akeem, primarily known as “Dolla Watson,” an impeccable HBCU band director and comedian. Talk about flair and flavor–that is just what Dolla brought to the jamboree!

None of the awesomeness would have been possible were it not for the generous benefactors. The event was sponsored by the following parties: Delray Beach Lodge, ECF, Bus One, and Hope Symphony. The Ram Regiment Band at PBL expressed total gratitude for their generosity and partnership, this year and in the future.

It was such a tremendous turnout for all the participating bands; it’s now stamped as a yearly event! So, those who missed this year’s event can rest assured that the opportunity to witness a second-to-none JAMBOREE will present itself again…and again…and again!