Lady Rams Powerlifting–Went to Regionals!!!

Makayla Everett, Student Writer

Shoutout to the Lady Rams powerlifting team for the fantastic season it had this year! With impressive District feats, the girls made their way to the Regional competition. While they fell a little short of qualifying and moving on to State, they made amazing strides and representing the Ramily well!

Coach Mrs. Walters shares, “Watching their bodies change, feeling their strength increase and pushing past their limits, has made it all feel worth it and now they are hungrier than ever to keep pushing themselves!” That is the type of will power everyone should have when it comes to doing anything because becoming a powerlifter is no easy feat. It requires patience, dedication, and a strong mentality, which is what the girls demonstrated to make it to regional competition.  Speaking of the girls, Coach Walters reported that “these ladies go through a lot of training, … working out Monday through Friday and during holidays and on weekends.” As we can see, their hard work and dedication paid off, and PBL looks forward to what they do next season!

The skills learned in Powerlifting apply to life in general, now and in the future.  Their coach reports, “I see my girls being leaders, impacting society and taking the world by storm in education, science, business, fitness and whatever else they become passionate about as they advance in life.” With all that being said, everyone is super proud of these Lady Rams and what they have accomplished this year. Unfortunately the Lady Rams did not qualify for state a senior lifter Amelia Forrest stated “Yes the season is over we had regionals last Saturday we were close but sadly none of us qualified for states. It’s all about the the experience and the team bonding at the end of the day”. Next year, they are sure to go to State and to bring back some hardware.