The 44th Annual Scholastic Achievement Foundation Dinner

Kianna Grant, Student Writer

The Scholastic Achievement Foundation of Palm Beach County (SAFPBC) hosted the 44th Scholastic Achievement Foundation Dinner. It is a pleasure to announce that our PBL’s scholastic achievers–Janelle Thomas, Nikaysia Mendez, Olivia Gayle, Glenn Langley, Jhessicka Hilaire, Alexie Mari Cuaderno, and Kaylin Tran–attended this annual dinner at the Breakers Hotel. The students enjoyed a delicious dinner in the Venetian Ballroom as they were honored for their many accomplishments. Several scholarship awards were handed out as well.

Clifford E. Ripley started the Scholastic Achievement Foundation in 1977. Clifford was a former principal at Palm Beach Public School and an assistant superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools. He wanted to create a memorable event recognizing achievements by high school seniors throughout the county.  This program has recognized more than 4,700 students for their outstanding academic and other accomplishments, and more than 400 students have earned college scholarships. The foundation expressed that they “hope to continue honoring these students and their academic achievements.”

Congratulations to PBL’s scholastic achievers on being a part of this group of academic scholars who attended the Scholastic Achievement Foundation Dinner!