Camila Cabello-“Familia”

Camila+Cabello-Familia

Kianna Grant, Student Writer

Singer, Camila Cabello, recently released her third studio album, Familia, on April 8, 2022. The singer stated that the album is about “connecting to her roots.”  According to critic, Tomas Mier, “The album is an imperfect yet revealing mosaic of Cabello’s Cuban-Mexican heritage.” The album has a modern pop feeling to it. Although the album was released this year, Cabello wrote it during the COVID-19 pandemic between 2020 and 2021. Familia debuted at number 10 on the US Billboard 200 with 11,500 sales. Another critic, Diego Soto expressed, “This album [is] hands down the best album she has written so far.” Many people have reportedly mentioned the singer is “a force of nature.”

The flow of the album as a whole is brilliant, and the effort she has put into this album can really be seen. The songs are filled with intentional meaning and as a result can be called BEAUTIFUL!  One of the songs on the album, “Don’t Go Yet”  showcases Cabello’s ability to make the sounds of her culture accessible to everyone, regardless of language. Fans of the singer say that the album gives them a “euphoric feeling.” As mentioned by one critic, “She successfully laces the sounds of her Latina roots into a record that lyrically rips out the pages of her life’s diary.”  Cabello’s music truly resonates with so many people.

This album is amazing and a no-skip album for sure; it’s definitely worth listening to…over and over and over, again!