Class of 2023 Moving Up Assembly!

Kianna Grant, Student Writer

As the Seniors of 2022 prepare to check out (May 13), the Class of 2023 is now stepping up. On May 11, Mr. Alfonso and the counselors brought together the Junior class in the auditorium to discuss upcoming plans and expectations for senior year. Mr. Alfonso talked to the Junior class about what the students need to do in order to have a successful senior year.  He explained the graduation requirements and GPA expectations to be able to participate in school activities such as prom, grad bash, and other extracurricular activities.

Mrs. Thomas, Coordinator for School Counseling at PBL, soon took over to elaborate on what students need to be on track for graduation. She went over the graduation requirements, the community service hours, and all the tests the students must take and pass.  Credit Recovery or Edgenuity was also discussed.

In addition to graduation information, Mrs. Thomas and Mr. Alfonso took turns talking to the new seniors about the plans they have for the Class of 2023. They also went over senior pictures and the yearbook. The class of 2023 Class and Student Government officers introduced themselves. In the last 10 minutes of the assembly, Deidra Moreland, an educator from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, shared tips to help students reach their optimum potential.

To close, SGA showed a heartwarming video of pictures the Class of 2023 has collected throughout the year. The assembly was very informative and uplifting.

“Class of 2023 Day” will be celebrated Monday, May 16, so Juniors be sure to wear your BLUE that day to KICK OFF the first day of the class’s SENIOR YEAR!