Ask a Senior!

Makayla Everett, Student Writer

Seniors are good for more than just being cool on campus (coming and going in their cars during senior privilege)! They actually assist the younger students and guide them with their words of wisdom and vast array of experiences. I had the opportunity to talk to one of our seniors to learn what type of advice she has for the Class of 2025–Read on to discover some tips for success in high school from this knowledgeable soon-to-be graduate:

Diamond Wallace is a senior here at Palm Beach Lakes, and she has some wise words of advice to the freshman class! She’s a member of the Student Government Association as well as the music and culinary programs. She has a very bright future as she wants to be an ER nurse or a journalist. Her favorite quote is “the word imperfect actually spells ‘I’m perfect’ and everyone is perfect in his/her own way.”  The advice she has for PBL’s newbies is this:  “Watch your surroundings, socialize, and stay on top of your grades.” She says her experience as a freshman was good and beneficial. Reflecting on when she was new, she shared a few things that, if possible, she would say to her freshman self–meet new people, get in more programs, be consistent, and challenge yourself.

Well, there you  have it–SUCCESS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS! Freshmen, you would all be wise to heed the advise, so you can avoid what School Counselors call the Freshman Hole! Have a great year, and always remember that “It’s a great day to be a RAM!”